Thursday, October 8, 2015

A Day Without Ariel: Sad Pasta Poems

A day without Ariel is like summer with no ice cream truck.
I still went to Olive Garden, but it felt like yuck.
I hope you don't want all these lines to rhyme.
But that would indeed be sublime.
The birds of paradise greet me, singing their happy song.
I wish I could sing along.


A bearded man approached my table.
I'm not your server, but I'm able.
In a room, filled with twelve business people
One business man, wearing pink, acted sheeple (It's like sheepish, just go with it)
It was a retirement lunch, for a man who had a hunch.


The manager spoke, a sort of farewell toast
But he stopped to make sure everyone was paying attention to him most.

Gluten-Free Rotini, New Pesto Alfredo, Chicken Fritta,
After eating that I've got to take a ...
Mouth, the boy from One Tree Hill
He's the one to bring out my meal.


The pasta sans gluten has no soul.
It tastes like what you'd find in a zombie bowl.
The pasta melts in your mouth and coats your cheeks
I will be trying to forget it for weeks.
I don't know what it's made of, neither does Beard Face
But it wont be taking up any of our food space.


The ziosk doesn't accept the pass for pasta
just one more reason to get rid of it fasta.
With only one diner, my total is smaller, 
But with the Pasta Pass, I still feel baller.

Visit 6:
Monetary value: $18.33
Total :    $170.92

It's birthday eve, but the wife still works. She slaves over forms and industry changes, a boat on rough and ever changing waters. I am alone in a house of scalding torment, the air conditioning I should allow to blow away my sorrows. But I don't. I sit, and I steam.

Alone, I did go to Olive Garden. It was late, for me, one who sleeps early. The restaurant was crowded. Hoards cramming to get their pasta. Pink haired, the hostess suggested the bar. Alone again on the runway for drinks.


The barkeep was busy, drinks for all tables, and the wine for those who wait. She's a vet, a friend from year past. Through all the tumult, she remained composed. Her attention, when on you, was on you.

Being at the bar has it's advantages. Food right out the door. Server always close by. But lack of nice chair, lack of people to watch, to discuss. The bar is a lonely place.

Mezzaluna Ravioli, Five Cheese Marinara, Crispy Chicken Fritta. More cheese than one man should eat. But eat I did.


The managers came to say hi. Exclaimed about Twitter, marketing, and communications. Were uninformed by corporate, or whoever stalks the Olive Garden social media den.

Brought food home for wife. Still she works. Thus is life. You find someone you like, with whom you want to spend all your time, then you never see them again. Tomorrow is her birthday. We will rejoice that night.


Ok, so I never said they'd be good poems, but in that first one I rhymed pretty well, so at least I got that going for me.

Visit 7:
Weight Fluctuation today: -0.6 lbs
Total:  +2.2 lbs
Monetary value: $21.56
Total: $192.48

No comments:

Post a Comment