Sunday, October 25, 2015

Saturday Night and We in the Olive Garden

Saturday Night and We in the Olive Garden

It's eight pm on a Saturday evening. Do you know where your James and Ariel are? I bet you do. Because it's Olive Garden. Where we always are.  


When we approached the Leisure World Olive Garden, we walked through a large family group. The father figure, the patriarch, was sternly admonishing his brood with the likes of "Get. off. the. wall." and "You Can't Go In There!" Then he audibly sighed. Being a parent is hard.

There was this clean cut host kid that took us back to our table. He was being very friendly and asking us questions about the Pasta Pass, and I don't know, maybe it's because I was tired, but I just did not want to be friends with him. Stop trying to make friends with us Clean Cut. I'm tired. 

We were sat in a corner, and on the wall next to us was this:


Gross, I know. It was more by Ariel. When she wasn't looking, I scrapped it off with a menu, and it bounced toward her. It kind of looked like it went to land on her leg, but I didn't see. I also didn't tell her. Sucker.

The goober on the wall got Ariel looking at the plates on the wall. Olive Garden has decorative plates on the wall. It's a thing. There are even decorative plate wall hanging things that you can buy at the store. But Olive Garden don't got time for that. they just plaster their plates to the wall and call it good.


As we had our heads pressed against the wall in examination, our waitress came up to take our order. And laughed at us. Most servers wouldn't be able to pull off laughing at their tables, but she was like a little kitten, super sweet, so we let it slide. 

Kitten brought Ariel's salad and said, "Sorry. I made a huge salad. It's a little intimidating." See? Who would be intimidated by a salad, except a little kitten?


In the room with us, was a huge Mexican family. The presiding authority of which was an Aztec queen. She was huge, and loud, and everyone looked to her for approval. Her young subjects played all the ziosk games their hearts desired, nothing but the best for them. Her adult subjects ordered dessert and more wine. She herself drank red wine with a deathgrip on the glass, and picked her teeth with the reckless abandon only afforded to royalty. She was a sight to behold. 


When she and her court left, the destruction of the room took three people to clean up. (also how sweet is that car seat hammock? why are we all sitting in chairs when we could be sitting in hammocks?)

I wanted the Tri-colored Vegetable Penne with Pesto Alfredo and Crispy Shrimp Fritta to hit the spot again. Like a champ, it did (but I also took home some and reheated it latter, and the alfredo reheated is uber gross). 


As we continue to eat at Olive Garden, the servers recognize us more and greet us enthusiastically.It's weird, because we don't know eachothers names, but recognize each other. The problem is, I do know the nickname I've given them in my blog, and I'm worried about the day when I say, "Hey Man Bun!" or "What's up Jasmine?" or just walk by, nod my head, and say "Mexula." These are my concerns.

Visit 29:
Monetary value: $32.89
Total: $936.95
Weight Fluctuation today: +2.4 lbs

Total:  + 5.2lbs from beginning weight

No comments:

Post a Comment