Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Jenny from the Block

Waiting for Lunch

When I got to the business district Olive Garden I was told to wait. A wait for a lunch. Cray-z. This buisness district has a whole "medieval" thing going for it. They've got the great hall, where we all eat in a big room. There's the barrel chested innkeeper server, and then they've got lion heads. Molded lion heads. Which I now realize I should have photographed. But check out this pretty sweet security gate/wine holder thing. Pretty medieval is you ask me.


So after five minutes of sitting around, and the waiting area filling pretty close to capacity, I was taken back to the great hall. 

It was packed. I watched servers rush all around to their various table, like ants rushing around to their various tables. Ariel showed up, even before our server came to get our order. The server behind us apologized for the wait, never a good sign.  Bombshell said to one of her tables, "This is the busiest Monday we've ever had." It's Tuesday. She was too busy to worry about her days. Our server looked like she was from the street, like Jenny from the block. She was a veteran, and I trusted in her. 

I got the Zuppa Toscana, the soup of the olive eating, garden growing, gods. 


Just look at that potato, sausage, and green stuff. Pretty great.

There was a birthday in the great hall. They had three servers half heartedly sing to someone. Why do we do that? Why do we want our servers to sing happy birthday to people? Who started that? How did that become a regular thing we do in our society? How do we stop it?

I got the Rigatoni with Pesto Alfredo and Chicken Fritta. But the best part was the random Cavatappi noodle. Random noodles in the Never Ending Pasta Bowls are like toys from McDonalds Happy Meals, except not as fun.


Jenny from the block came by and said it was super busy. She had too many tables, four, and that there were five dollar coupons that just made it busier. Not to mention the Never Ending Pasta Bowls.

No dinner tonight. Ariel still isn't home, and I'm too tired. Look how quickly I've become jaded. Just 23 times at Olive Garden, and I'm "too tired" for free, easy food.

Visit 23:
Monetary value: $35.58

Total: $725.63
Weight Fluctuation today: -1 lbs
Total:  +4.6 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment