Thursday, October 22, 2015

Pack O Wild Bros, GOT Characters, and Role Reversals

Mo' People Mo' Problems


At lunch time, we tried to leave work earlier, in hopes that Olive Garden would be less busy. It was a failed ploy. It was still very busy. The parking lot was full and I walked in behind a large group of bros. 


I know this only looks like two bros, a geologist, and a cholo, it's hard to get a large group of wild bros all in one picture, without a sorority girl for them to crowd around. That reads so dirty. But trust me, there were like nine bros present. And check out this smug bro guarding the men's restroom. 


Even though it was busy, I was rightfully given priority to the large bro party and had no wait before being seated. As I was led into the great hall, I saw an old, bald man with head bandages. I think that grosses me out more than anything else. Old men head bandages, just let those four words sink in. 

We were served by a pair of servers, clearly a new guy being trained by a veteran girl. They looked like twins, as much as Cersei and Jamie look like twins, but if Cersei and Jamie were from Dorne. Got it? GOT it? Even though it was packed, it didn't seem as busy as yesterday. Maybe they had more people working or something. Dornish Cersei was trying to let DJamie take the lead, but he was a mouse and she kept speaking up, filling in things he should have said. Who would have thought Cersei liked control? One thing she did say, which I really appreciated, was, "Are you on a lunch break?" and then she promised to hurry. And she did. Well done DCersei.

Zuppa Toscana. Nuff said.


DJamie made a couple of rookie mistakes. He left our menus on the table after taking our order. And when he brought out another Dr.Pepper he took Ariel's straw without giving her another one. He came back a minute latter with a straw, we didn't even have to ask. We overheard DCersei telling him to be more proactive. Something like, "I'm trying to let you do as much as you can, but you just got to get in there." He was a nice enough guy, hope he makes it.

Cavatappi with Five Cheese Marinara and Chicken Fritta, not a great batch.


DCersei brought out our check, and Ariel and I got to leave together. Just like Cersei, always bringing people together. 

Visit 24:
Monetary value: $35.58
Total: $761.21

Role Reversal

For dinner, Ariel and I drove straight to our Leisure World Olive Garden from work. I had a meeting to go to, so it was basically the only time we'd see each other. We were served by Super Nice Hostess, turned Super Nice Server. She is beginning to remember us. Happy Glenn Samurai walked by and said hello, he's the one that remembered our order from a year ago, and who looks like a happy version of Glenn from The Walking Dead, but if Glenn had an awesome samurai beard. 

I got the Tri-Colored Penne with  Pesto Alfredo and Crispy Shrimp Fritta. Ariel thought it looked super gross, but it really hit the spot.


I had to leave early for my meeting, so I left Ariel with the tip and the Pasta Passes. How's that for the reversing of gender roles! (I don't even know what I'm talking about) She said that Super Nice Server, who is just past her middle age, had problems with the passes and had to get the manager to come help. Apparently the manager wasn't in the best mood. But for the full story, you'll have to ask Ariel. 

Visit 25:
Monetary value: $36.12
Total: $797.33
Weight Fluctuation today: -1.8 lbs
Total:  +2.8 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment