Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My Presidential Bid and a Couple of Nice Lesbos



We went to the Business district for lunch again today. Eating lunch and dinner both seems to be taking it out of us. Last year we powered through the seven weeks of pasta without issue, until almost the very end. I even lost weight last year. This year, after only a few visits, we’re starting to see the cracks. I think we planned wrong. I received a few Olive Garden gift cards last month for my birthday, and we went to Olive Garden, like, twice in the last three months. What I’m saying is, we did not have a good absence of pasta in our diet to begin with, and now, things are already a struggle. WE WILL PERSEVERE ! (gees, with that and my supporting of American jobs from the last post, maybs I should throw my hat in for the Democratic candidate).


The host was a dude who looked like Moby. Remember Moby? I don’t really. He showed me to the table and demonstrated the ziosk, clearly he’s not a blog reader. He tried to get me to sign up for the eclub to get coupons. Please, I don’t need no stinkin’ coupons, I have a Pasta Pass.

This Olive Garden that my wife and I are going to for lunch is hard for me to pin down. Yesterday I said it was in the Asian district and that there were lots of businesses around. But today it was mostly families. Almost exclusively families. What a weird Olive Garden.

I asked my server, who looked like a more handsome, un-handicapped Walter Jr. from Breaking Bad, what paired well with the Asiago Garlic Alfredo. He recommended the Crispy Shrimp Fritta with a long noodle, the Fettuccine. I informed him that I had just had the Fettuccine yesterday, and so I’d do the Spaghetti. He said, “Yeah that’s just as good. There is no difference to me, just long noodles and short noodles.” I like the way you think healthy Walter Jr. We need to get rid of classifications, stop labeling what kind of noodles they are and just let them be noodles. If we can do it with noodles we can do it with people. Race should not matter. Everyone should get the same opportunities. Stop seeing race people! (and vote for Bullinger). The Asiago Garlic Alfredo was delicious, I highly recommend it.


When we gave the Pasta Pass to the server, he was super impressed, and said something like, “Yeah they sold out in like five minutes.” One second my friend. One second. That’s the power of the pass. He brought by the Pasta Pass after clearing out bill and said, “That is awesome. I gotta get me one of those.” Good luck Healthy Walt Jr., good luck.

Visit 4:
Monetary value: $32.89
Total: $121.32

When Ariel got home from work we didn’t rush immediately to Olive Garden. Like I said, she’s feeling the pain already. Instead, we sat on the couch and watched Netflix. I hadn’t watched Netflix in over a week. That’s a big deal for me. I was out of town, and then the Never Ending Pasta Bowl started, as did my blog. I have just been too busy. We’re re-watching Parks and Recreation. I love that show. More specifically, I love Ron Swanson and April Ludgate. If you haven’t watched that show, watch it. The first season isn’t WONDERFUL, but if you get through those six episodes, it gets 100 times better.

When we did go to Olive Garden it was pretty late for us… like seven-ish. The place was busy, we had to wait for like 10 minutes. When I walked up to the hostess podium I noticed a Never Ending Pasta Bowl BINGO card. “What is thaaaat?” I said, awestruck to the hostess. Apparently, the servers have a BINGO promotion, where if they can up sell people who buy the Never Ending Pasta Bowls, they can win something. How sweet is that?


When we sat down, we noticed it was pretty busy. The crowd was not our usual old folks, but a younger group. Because it was busy we weren’t greeted right away. But in no time at all, Princess Jasmine swooped in and said, “Your server will be right with you, but can I get you some drinks? Some Dr.Pepper?” She’s good.  

We were seated next to a couple of nice Lesbos. I don’t actually know they’re nice, I just try to quote Juno as frequently as possible. And, I’m not 100 percent sure, but we might have actually been seated between a couple of couples of nice Lesbos (Word auto corrects to make Lesbos capitalized, I don’t know why, but I like it).  


These nice Lesbos were clearly on a date. They were laughing outrageously, and ogling one another like Sean Williams Scott ogled women back in ’99. They did the wedding toast with their wine glasses, where you intertwine your arms, and then proceeded to try and toss stuff down one another’s cleavage. They were both eventually successful. I usually pay too much attention to people around me, especially while writing this blog, but I was directly across from these girls, and they were being completely outrageous, and didn’t seem to care who saw.

Our actual server had a man bun, but not a full, luxurious man bun. It was one where he’d shaved the sides of his hair down and now had a small samurai top knot.  I asked him what he needed for his BINGO card and ended up ordering the Tri-Colored Penne with Traditional Meat Sauce and Italian Sausage (the up sell being the sausage). The Penne didn’t particularly do anything for me, but it was fine.  


The general manager, Jean, came over and talked to us about the passes. She said she has three for four passes come through each day. Her theory is that people from around here are very, I think she used the word “motivated,” and that’s why out of 700 restaurants, she probably gets a few more people with passes than the other restaurants do. She also said that when she told her regional manager that we’d won our passes on Twitter, that he told her she’d been scammed. But Jean had apparently looked it up and seen that people really did win through Twitter.

We didn’t see much of Man Bun, it was busy and the team work tonight was flawless. As I said, Jasmine got our drinks. There was another woman, who used to be a super nice hostess, who brought out our meals. Another guy brought us drink refills, and then Man Bun helped us with the check.

When we left I just wanted to say, “Bye couple of nice Lesbos, thanks for making it fun.”

Visit 5:
Weight fluctuation today: + 0.4 LBS
Total: + 2.8 LBS
Monetary value: $31.27
Total: $152.59

No comments:

Post a Comment