Thursday, October 29, 2015

Genie for Lunch, Teens for Dinner

Genie in a Bowl


Oh man are we getting tired of pasta. We had the Pasta Pass last year too, but we lasted until almost the end before we were sick of it. We think it's because we are going for both lunch and dinner this year, that we seem to be losing our taste for pasta. But we can't stop. Won't stop. We will keep eating.

As I walked into the building for lunch, I happened upon these two:


Look at how ridiculous that woman's attire is, and I don't even feel like this picture does it justice. 

The hostesses at the business district Olive Garden don't seem to recognize us. Everyone, or almost everyone, at the Leisure World Olive Garden, where we eat dinner, recognizes us now. Not the case for those business class hostesses. Ariel walks by them everyday to meet me without asking for a table, and today they stopped her and asked if she was picking up take out. Recognize us!

We were served by the gang boss, but Ariel made the observation that he looks, walks, and talks like a genie. She was right. And, as I made closer observations of his tattoos, one was a "G" for genie (not gangster). 


Boom! Look at them croutons. 

Right after our soup and salad showed up, our food did. It was almost instantaneous, like, as if we'd wished for it, like, from a genie. 


Hadn't even touched the salad. Had like, two bites of soup. Ate Tri-color Vegetable Penne with Asiago Garlic Alfredo, and Crispy Shrimp Fritta. Lately I've been craving the protein the shrimp provides. 

At a table next to us, two unattractive, heavy women were streaming a tv show on their phone while they ate. Volume up, so everyone could hear. What a weird society we're creating.


Because I didn't have time to fill up on soup and breadsticks, I even ordered another bowl. I wanted more shrimp.


Round two bowls are super small. And mine didn't have any shrimp. Come on guys! I'd be super pissed if I'd paid the extra to have shrimp, but as a member of the pasta elite, I let it slide. 

Visit 36:
Monetary value: $36.12
Total: $1,219.42

Teen Man Date

Pink Hair, the hostess, is trying so hard to remember our names, I bet she gets it next time. There was a wait and when we were finally seated it was in a section close to seven teen boys at a table. What are seven teen boys doing at Olive Garden? Eating Never Ending Pasta Bowls, that's what. 

So our server had 12 people to take care of, needless to say, she was a little overwhelmed. So much so, that Pink Hair came back, took our drink orders, and brought them out. She was much nicer about Ariel getting a Limeade with grenadine than Miss Priss was last night. She was worried though, because it was the first time she'd ever made a drink with grenadine. Ariel said it was great. 

I got the Fagioli soup, it was salty. 


As overwhelmed as our server was, she didn't let it show. The teens all ordered round two, switching up their desired pastas and sauces. They even ordered different toppings, and made some weird combos. I just don't get why they were there. As a teen I never would have paid extra for toppings, let alone switching toppings up between bowls. 

In my quest for protein, I got Rigatoni with Traditional Meat Sauce and Italian Sausage. It didn't seem to help. I think I need to stick to the alfredos for a while, the red sauces have not been treating me well.


And my entire dinner tonight was not very photogenic.

Visit 37
Monetary value: $31.27
Total: $1,250.63
Weight Fluctuation today: -1 lbs

Total:  + 7.2lbs 
Day 25

No comments:

Post a Comment