Saturday, October 24, 2015

The Post with No Pictures

The Post with No pictures

Ariel and I did not go to Olive Garden for lunch, which meant that I was starving by the time we went for dinner. Nothing fills you up like some OG breadsticks. 

Friday night at our Leisure World Olive Garden was packed. We had to wait twenty minutes for a table. I deliberately sat on a bench close to a three year old girl with her dad and grandpa. She was adorable. She had these googly eye, slinky glasses that she put on and then ran around a pillar, basically playing peek-a-boo with Ariel and me. It was super cute. Her dad and grandpa were on their phones. It just makes me sad that we don't live in the here and now as a society. I looked around the waiting area, and two of the seven people sitting there were not on their phones, not counting me and Ariel. 

We were taken back to our table by the host, who I'm going to call Serg, as in sergeant. He's the one that's been at Olive Garden as a host forever and is there all the time. So Serg takes us back and asks about the Pasta Pass. We told him that they usually cost 100 dollars, but that we won our on Twitter, so of course we're going to come and get the most out of them possible. He was shocked that most days we were eating Olive Garden for both lunch and dinner. As are we Serg, as are we.

It was super busy, which is bad because it's harder to eavesdrop on those around me when it's loud. Kiddy corner to our table, there was a fat Oscar Bluth. I just wanted him to make some comment about how was probably my dad, and have soft mood music play in the background. His wife was in a skirt, but did not know how to sit like a lady. It was gross. 

Friend/cousin/dwarf Beard stopped by our table, just to catch up. We just want to be friends so bad. He asked how our night was. He said he was having a good night too. I thought that was good, since he could have complained about being at work on a Friday night at eight o'clock. I think he is pretty good friends with Man Bun though. Back when I was a server, I was really good friends with the people I worked with, so maybe he was having a good night. 

Speaking of Man Bun, he was our server. He brought out our Dr.Peppers, and our Zuppa Toscanas, but hollow belly hit me. The syndrome where my belly is empty, but rebels against another round of Olive Garden. When my Mezzaluna Ravioli (Mezzaluna means half moon, according to the google search the lady next to us did) with Five Cheese Marinara and Crispy Chicken Fritta arrived I was stoked. But my first bite was a gross piece of chicken fritta. Sometimes it's like... gross. My hollow belly was not appeased. I pushed all the chicken off the ravioli, but most of the sauce went with the chicken. All in all, I was pretty disappointed. It's my own fault, I should have asked for a second bowl of something else.

The couple seated behind us was on, what we think was, an early date. Like, not in a committed relationship, but not a first date either. They seemed to know each other, but not super well. But, during the meal, they both answered their phones. Come on! So, we were unsure what their relationship status was. When they left they walked behind Ariel and she whispered urgently to me, "Are they touching? Are they touching?" He had his hand on the small of her back. We're still unconvinced as to their relationship.

Oscar Bluth and his unladylike wife got up, and so did Cruella Deville. I hadn't been able to see her because of a wall, but she was terrifying. Really I think of any old, remotely stylish woman, in black and white as Cruella Deville, and so should you. But this woman smiled, and it was like she was going to use my leftover fritta-ed chicken skins to make sandals. You know what I'm talking about. Terrifying. 

A pale-faced female server came to our table and said, "I was on break, but I'm back. I'm your server." We were already finished and all she had to do was run our Pasta Passes. It took her forever. I don't care what she said, Man Bun was our server that night. 

Visit 28:
Monetary value: $38.80
Total: $904.06
Weight Fluctuation today: -2.6 lbs (I was up exactly 2.6 yesterday)

Total:  + 2.8lbs from beginning weight

No comments:

Post a Comment