Wednesday, October 28, 2015

On Wednesdays We Wear Pink Miss Priss

On Wednesdays We Wear Pink


At the business district Olive Garden for lunch, we were sat in one of the huge booths again. It was an empty restaurant again. I feared being ignored like I was yesterday, but I was served by a very smiley server, that we'd had before. She remembered that I was a quick draw orderer, that is, that I ordered everything right away, even before Ariel arrives. She had our Dr.Peppers out in no time, and kept them from going empty. Smiley is the kind of server that should work those lonely big booths. 


The booths filled up quickly today. In the table next to mine, an old lady sat down alone. Not long after, her husband walked up and said, "Could you get a bigger table?" Either his wife was sick of his jokes, or she really thought he wanted a bigger table. They may not look it, but these booths are huge. 

The old people were being served by a girl who looked like she would have been my mom's childhood friend. I know that's a strange reference, but stick with me. My mom is now very cool, but growing up, her best friends were books. Her hair was poofy, her glasses large, her clothes homemade. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with any of that, but this girl looked like she would have been friends with that version of my mother. So, as Ariel walked to join me at my giant booth, my mom's best friend said, "I love your shirt!"

Now for a little on my wife's shirt. My wife works in an office building. In this office building one woman started to wear a certain shirt on a certain day. Then another woman bought one and they started wearing them on the same day. Soon the boss of the office building was buying the shirt for every woman. This is that shirt:


Ok, so it's a shirt that is supposed to support breast cancer awareness, fine. But it's also a neon pink, 80's style sweatshirt, with a Mean Girls quote on it. Hardly the type of shirt to wear in a business office. But wear it they do. 

I ate the salad and Mezzaluna Ravioli with Five Cheese Marinara and Crispy Chicken Fritta. It fought me for the rest of the day. I think the salad dressing coated my lungs or something, it did not sit well. 


Visit 34:
Monetary value: $38.80
Total: $1,147.18

Miss Priss

At dinner in our Leisure World Olive Garden, I left the table right after being seated to use the restroom. I got stuck in the hallway behind a whale. This woman weighed 400lbs, was carrying a romance novel, and smelled, well, like a whale. She hobbled slowly down the hall, and I patiently walked behind her. Then, as we walked by a manager talking to a server, she stopped. She held up a ziosk receipt with no ink on it, and said, "This is my receipt." The manager explained that he could print her another one. She said it was fine, and stuck it in the book, like a bookmark. All while, I stood behind them impatiently. MOVE OUT THE WAY! They completely clogged the hall. The whale began her migration again. As we walked by the host podium, the whale turned and headed for the bathroom. "Are you kidding me," I actually whispered. So together, we  s l o w l y  made our way to the restrooms.

As I got back to the table, our server, a pinch faced girl, was setting down our drinks. I noticed that Ariel had ordered the limeade with grenadine. I sat down and said "Thank you." The server said nothing, threw down the straws and stalked away. Easy there Miss Priss! I asked Ariel, "Is she like that, or...?" Ariel said she was, and that apparently Miss Priss hated Ariel for ordering the limeade with grenadine. When Ariel had asked for it, Miss Priss had said, "Well, if that's what you want, I can do that," and again stalked away. 

When Miss Priss brought out our soups and breadsticks I again said thank you. She said nothing. I'm was trying not to laugh at the disdain clear on her face. Finally she breaks her silence, "Cheese?" When we declined she walked away. That's it. One word. Hilarious.


After that, she seemed to get over her grudge. She checked on us, and gave us the common courtesy required of a server. But Ariel dared not order a refill. 


I got the Cavatappi with Pesto Alfredo and Crispy Shrimp Fritta. Jean, the manager, came over and we talked about how sick of pasta we must be. She said that if we wanted we could just get the salad and skip the pasta. But why on earth would we do that, when we could get them both?

Visit 35:
Monetary value: $36.12
Total: $1,183.30
Weight Fluctuation today: +2.6 lbs
Total:  + 8.2lbs in 24 days



No comments:

Post a Comment