Monday, October 26, 2015

This is 200!

Asian Kitty

When Ariel and I went to Olive Garden for lunch, I was super excited to end my fast. Not that I was like, actually fasting, but my fast from Olive Garden. I hadn't been for over 40 hours. I totally know what Jesus went through for those 40 days and 40 nights. I needed something restorative. Do you know what Jesus ended his fast on? Neither do I. But safe money is on bread. Olive Garden has some good bread, in the form of sticks. Dip those sticks in the Chicken and Gnocchi soup and you've got yourself an instant fasting cure.


Our server for the afternoon was Kitty, the mom from That  70's Show, if Kitty were an Asian Olive Garden server. I loved every moment of her. After she brought out our soups, she made a special trip back to give us extra napkins. I felt like it was her way of telling us we eat like pigs, in a loving mother sort of way. 

There was a large family seated next to us talking about Robert De Niro. Apparently they loved his work in "The Intern," even though one of the aunt's friend got asked out by him in Europe when his head was shaved, and he was a jerk about it. I don't know. She wasn't my aunt. I don't trust her. 

Asian Kitty came by with more Dr.Pepper before our glasses were empty, and just to check up.

The Cavatappi with Asiago Garlic Alfredo and Crispy Shrimp Fritta is good for what ails ya'. 


Three minutes after the food runner brought out our food, Asian Kitty came over, said, "Alright.... Enjoy...," and left. That was it. The whole point was just to come see our food was right, and if we were happy. We were. She knew she didn't have to ask a question, just observe.

Asian Kitty brought our check. She was fast. she kept our glasses from being empty, she checked on us, but didn't force conversation, and she offered to get us togo cups for more Dr.Pepper. Needless to say, Asian Kitty is my favorite server we've had so far. 


Visit: 30
Monetary value: $36.12

Total: $973.07

This is 200!

That's the movie line right? Gerald Butler screams "THIS IS 200!!" and boots a dude down a well. Pretty sure I'm right.

For dinner, I was hidden in the shrubbery.


I was seated alone, as Ariel was on her way from work. And for that reason it took awhile before I was noticed and could order. Our server was a kid who looked like a man boy, and who I will cleverly call Man Boy. He was dead inside. He took my order, and gave drinks to his other table, all as if he'd just gotten the news that his favorite character from Sex in the City had been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Ariel somehow found her way back behind the bushes to dine with me, and that changed Man Boy's outlook on life 300 fold. Our food was brought out by a food runner not long after she showed up. Man Boy slide out from behind her and said, "OOhh, things are happening!" He then kept up that level of enthusiasm throughout the night. Ariel just makes everyone's day better.


I got the Mezzaluna Ravioli with Alfredo sauce and the Chicken Meatballs. It looked like an Elephant.


And it tasted like an elephant. Seriously. It was a super gross combination. I took one bite of the three ingredients together, and almost ralphed. It's like my worst fears about chicken meatballs were made reality with this combination. It was like gritty, and tasted grey. So I pushed off the meatballs and just ate the ravioli with the alfredo, which still wasn't a great combo. But, my lesson was learned. Chicken Meatballs only with red sauce, apparently. 

Visit 31:
Monetary value: $38.26
Total: $1,011.33
Weight Fluctuation today: +2.6 lbs
Total:  + 7.8lbs from beginning weight, which means I HIT THE 200LBS MARK! I feel triumphant, and out of breath. It means I have to start exercising. Also, I'm pretty glad it took over 1,000 bucks to get me over the 200lbs mark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment